First prize: $4000. Two prizes for runners-up: $500 each.
The competition closes 11:59 pm, Wednesday 31 August 2016.
Winners will be announced at overland.org.au. Entrants will be advised of the results by email. The winning story will be published on the label of a Story Wines shiraz and in Overland magazine. The two runners-up will be published on the labels of Story Wines and at overland.org.au.
- This is a prize for original pieces of short fiction written in English, up to 800 words in length.
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- Entrants must be citizens of Australia or New Zealand or have permanent resident status in Australia or New Zealand.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5 line spacing and a minimum of 12 point font size.
- The competition will be judged anonymously. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or else the story will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be entered into the submission system separately and accompanied by the relevant fee.
- The winning entry will be published in Overland. Other entries may be considered for publication.
- The competition closes 11:59 pm, Wednesday 31 August 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Enter the Overland Story Wine Prize.