Judges: Clare Strahan, Paddy O’Reilly and Campbell Mattinson
First prize: $3000. Two prizes for runners-up: $500 each.
The winning story will be published on the label of a Story Wine shiraz and in Overland magazine. Winners will be notified by email and announced at overland.org.au.
- This is a prize for original pieces of short fiction written in English, up to 1000 words in length.
- Stories must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Stories that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- Submissions will be processed electronically. Stories should be formatted at 1.5-line spacing and a minimum of 12-point font size.
- The competition will be judged anonymously. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or else the story will be disqualified.
- Multiple entries are acceptable, although each must be entered into the submission system separately and accompanied by the relevant fee.
- The winning entry will be published by Story Wines and Overland.
- Entrants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- The closing date is midnight, 29 June 2014. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Enter the Overland Story Wine Prize.