Major prize: $6000
Second prize: $2000
Third prize: $1000
Winners will be published in Overland 226, autumn 2017.
- The award is open to poets who have had no more than one solo collection of their work commercially published: that is, by a publishing house with commercial distribution.
- The prize is open to Australian and international writers.
- Poems must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Poems that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- The winning poems will be published in Overland.
- All submitted poems may be considered for publication in Overland.
- Entries must be submitted electronically via the Overland submittable system.
- An entry fee of $12 for Overland subscribers and $20 for non-subscribers will be charged. It is possible to become a subscriber and simultaneously enter the competition at a special price of $56.
- The name of the poet must not appear on the manuscript (including the header or footer) since all poems will be considered anonymously.
- Poems must be no more than 80 lines.
- Multiple entries are permitted, though a separate fee applies to each poem.
- Please ensure you are satisfied with your poem before submitting. Poems that are withdrawn and subsequently resubmitted will incur a second fee.
- The competition closes 11.59pm, Sunday 20 November 2016.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Overland staff and board members, and their families, are prohibited from entering. All previous, current and ongoing contributors are eligible to enter.
- Winners will be announced in February 2017. Subscribe to the Overland email bulletin to receive announcements as to the results.