The Overland Judith Wright Poetry Prize for New and Emerging Poets is proudly sponsored by the Malcolm Robertson Foundation
Major prize: $6000
Second prize: $2000
Third prize: $1000
The judge for the 2013 competition is Overland poetry editor, Peter Minter.
Competition closes midnight, Saturday 16 November 2013. Winners will be announced in Overland 214, autumn 2014.
- The award is open to poets who have not yet had a solo collection of their work commercially published: that is, by a publishing house with commercial distribution.
- Entrants must be Australian citizens (living anywhere) or permanent residents.
- Poems must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
- Poems that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
- Selection will be made by Overland’s poetry editor, Peter Minter.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- The winning poem will be published in Overland.
- All submitted poems may be considered for publication in Overland.
- Entries must be submitted electronically via the Overland submittable system.
- An entry fee of $12 for Overland subscribers and $18 for non-subscribers will be charged. It is possible to become a subscriber and simultaneously enter the competition at a special price of $55.
- The name of the poet must not appear on the manuscript (including the header or footer) since all poems will be considered anonymously.
- Poems must be no more than 80 lines.
- Multiple entries are permitted, though a separate fee applies to each poem.
- The competition closes on midnight, Saturday 16 November 2013.
- Winners will be announced in March 2014. Subscribe to the Overland email bulletin to receive announcements as to the results.
- The major prize is $6000, second prize is $2000 and third prize is $1000.
- Please ensure you are satisfied with your poem before submtting. Poems that are withdrawn and subsequently resubmitted will incur a second fee.
Enter the 2013 Overland Judith Wright Poetry Prize.