Overland Internship Programme
Overland magazine has an ongoing, six-monthly internship program. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to participate in all of Overland’s activities, including:
• editorial meetings
• selection of essays
• shortlisting of fiction
• structural editing and copyediting for both magazine and website
• writing for and managing the website
• Overland events (launches, public lectures and panels, etc.)
• administrative tasks
In particular, the intern is responsible for providing the website with interviews with authors, regular roundups of important online publications, and other projects. The intern reports to the deputy editor of Overland.
We require interns to work one day per week (or equivalent).
Interns will need the following abilities:
• excellent copyediting skills
• an interest in progressive politics
• knowledge of Microsoft Office
• an interest in literature and/or creative writing
The ability to use html and Indesign is optional but desirable.
Applications for intern positions are open early May and November each year. If you are interested, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be an intern at Overland magazine. Please send applications to: overland[at]vu.edu.au. You will then be contacted by June or January, respectively.
The November internship intake has been postponed because of the pending relocation of the Overland office. The applications already submitted will be rexamined in late January, along with any others received.