Lisa Dempster, Director of the Emerging Writers’ Festival, joins Meanland online (and at great expense) from the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair with some great advice on how an arts organisation might best become an online digital hub for the community it serves.
Very briefly below are the five key points Lisa covers in her discussion, but if you’d rather hear and see Lisa talk than read a list go right ahead and hit that big ol’ play button on the video below.
1. Bring your audience together
2. Encourage and facilitate discussion
3. Get to know your audience and introduce them to each other
4. Create meaningful events where your audience can participate as experts
5. Digital engagement doesn’t just happen online